The Hass Avocado Board is now accepting applications for its yearlong Board Leadership Development program. The program includes customized training to help participants prepare to serve on the boards of avocado industry organizations such as HAB and the California Avocado Commission, among others. The deadline to complete the application is January 31. There are currently 12 open seats.
The course includes:
- A curriculum that covers topics ranging from finance and fiduciary duties to understanding the roles of nutrition research and marketing
- Gaining real-world experience by attending actual board meetings
- Participating in on-campus instruction at the University of California Davis.
- A potential trip to Washington, D.C. to meet with the U.S. Department of Agriculture
- For those interested in leadership opportunities and serving on industry boards, this course provides valuable educational and networking opportunities.
Applicants must be either a Hass avocado producer or an importer of avocados. For more information, visit the BOLD program website.