UnitedAg is celebrating the 40th anniversary of its founding in 1980. In celebration of its achievements, UnitedAg will host a series of virtual events throughout the year to share with its members the challenges and milestones of the last 40 years.
“Reflecting on the past 40 years, we at UnitedAg are filled with a sense of pride and accomplishment. With the help of meaningful relationships, support, and feedback from our membership, we have made an instrumental impact in the Agricultural Healthcare industry in a powerful and meaningful way,” said Kirti Mutatkar, President and CEO of UnitedAg.
In 1980, the members of UnitedAg intuitively knew they needed a unique health plan to meet the needs of the agricultural workforce within the state. They sought a health plan that would operate on a non-profit basis, offer a diversity of plan designs, and offer customer service designed to accommodate the needs of the ag employees. These employers created UnitedAg Benefit Trust (an ERISA multiple employer welfare arrangement) that grew from 6 small farms to more than 1,000 companies, associates, cooperatives, and partnering agricultural associations.
The goal of UnitedAg is to be the most member-centric innovative health benefits provider for agriculture. They believe in always seeking creative ways to improve the healthcare experience of its members. Throughout the years, UnitedAg has developed an array of innovative benefits and services to meet the needs of the ever-changing agricultural industry. Today, UnitedAg proudly represents over 55,000 farmworkers and has grown to over $198 million in annual contributions.
“We would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to each member of our UnitedAg family for your steadfast support. Your individual and collective contributions have played an integral part in our on-going success and impact in the agricultural industry,” said Veronica Urzua-Alvero, Vice-Chair of UnitedAg.
As UnitedAg kicks off its 40th year, the organization looks back at all that they have achieved for the agricultural industry and look forward to the new opportunities that await:
• The 40th Anniversary Virtual Happy Hour – UnitedAg hosted a series of virtual happy hour events as an opportunity for members to network, connect, and share memories.
• Anniversary Edition Quarterly Newsletter – This special edition of the Quarterly Newsletter will feature memorable moments throughout the 40 years. The newsletter will be available for members in late July.
• Memorable Moments – The anniversary video will look back at UnitedAg’s history as well as feature anniversary wishes from long-standing members.
• Annual Silent Auction – Benefiting UnitedAg’s Education Foundation, the virtual silent auction will take place on August 14 through August 20.
• The Annual Health Benefits Forum – The annual virtual health forum will take place Thursday, August 20, at 9:00 am. This year marks the 7th anniversary of this special event at which top health industry leaders will present the latest health trends.
• CFO Forum – Coming early October, the member-focused forum will feature a panel of financial experts. They will offer advice on what they are seeing, what employers can expect, and what the short and long-term impacts of COVID could be for employers.
A.J. Cisney, Chairman of UnitedAg said, “I have been so fortunate to be involved with United Ag for the last eight years. To witness such transformational growth while keeping the focus on our members has been fun to watch. The culture of service and innovation is second to none. Simply put, nobody in the industry does it better. The foundation that was laid 40 years ago was strong, and we’ve continued to build on it every year since. It has been my honor to serve as Chairman during such an exciting time. Happy Anniversary United Ag! I can’t wait to see what we accomplish next.”
UnitedAg, celebrating its 40th anniversary in 2020, is a multi-commodity member-owned agricultural trade association dedicated to providing innovative healthcare solutions for a strong and healthy agricultural industry. Headquartered in Irvine, Ca., UnitedAg is committed to bringing innovative solutions to agribusiness by meeting its member’s employee health benefits needs, advocating for ag with lawmakers, and helping members comply with regulations. For more information, visit www.unitedag.org, Facebook, and Twitter @UnitedAgOrg.