Arbuckle, Calif., (May 1, 2018) – Come join in the festivities, fun and of course the .75 hours of PCA CE credits or the 2 hours of CCA CE credits, at the Nickels Soil Lab Annual Field Day at the Nickels Soil lab on Marine Avenue in Arbuckle, CA. There will be a tri-tip lunch by reservation so do not wait to register for this event, do it now to get all the wonderful benefits.
Here is the agenda for the day:
8:30 am — Registration: Coffee and Donuts provided by Farm Credit Services of Colusa-Glenn, ACA
Cycle I: 9:20-10:45 am
- Overview of navel orange worm management – Dani Lghtle, UCCE Advisor, Glenn/Butte/Tehama Counties
- Band canker management – Themis Michailides, Plant Pathologist and Lecturer, UC Davis Plant Pathology Department
- Frost Protection in almonds – Joe Connell, Farm Advisor, UCCE Butte County (emeritus)
- Almond flower biology – Tom Gradziel, Professor, UC Davis Department of Plant Sciences.
Cycle II: 10:45 am -12:10 pm
- Basic Bee Biology 101 – Elina Niño, Extension Specialist, UC Davis Entomology and Nematology Department
- Ceratocystis canker: diagnosis and management – Florent Trouillas, Extension Specialist, UC Davis Plant Pathology Department
- Using real time physiological data to guide irrigation scheduling – Tom Buckley, Professor, UC Davis Department of Plant Sciences
- What are we learning from orchard biomas (chip and mix) studies? – Emad Jahanzad, Postdoctoral researcher, UC Davis Plant Sciences Department
12:15 – BBQ Tri-Tip Lunch (by reservation) – Lucheon Speaker, Mark Jansen, President & CEO, Blud Diamond Growers
to review the flyer which contains the agenda, map, and registration form please copy this link into your browser window – http://cesutter.ucanr.edu/newsletters/Pomology_Notes74801.pdf