Tulare, Calif., (February 9, 2018) – The Tulare County Agricultural Commissioner will host an important training coming up for growers to learn about new laws and regulations related to pesticide applications. For more information call the TC Ag Commissioner’s office at 559-684-3352.
Thursday, February 22 – A morning meeting will be hosted for growers near schools to learn about new laws and regulations that limit application of restricted materials. Invitations will be sent to all growers in close proximity to schools. The seminar will be held February 22, 9:00 am-11:30 am, and will take place at the Int’l Agri-Center in Tulare. Call 684-3352 to register and to learn more. First priority for registration will be offered to those growers in the 1/4 mile proximity range of sensitive sites.
The new DPR regulation took effect January 1, 2018 and will:
- Ban growers from making certain pesticide applications Monday thru Friday, 6am to 6pm within a 1/4 mile of a school site or licensed child day care facility.
- Growers must provide annual notification by April 30 each year, for all pesticides expected to be used during the upcoming July through June period. This must be provided to the principal or day care facility administrator by April 30 annually.
- Report must include name of pesticide products, and when expected to be used
- A map showing the location of the field to be treated
- Contact information for the grower/operator and county AG commissioner
- Web address for the National Pesticide Information Center, which provides sources of information and additional facts on pesticides.
- An alternative written agreement between the grower, the individual school or day care site and the County Ag Commissioner can be developed as long as all three parties consent, and the agreement provides equal or more protection as the regulation.
To learn more, visit: