Tulare, Calif., (February 9, 2018) – International Agri-Center along with the Tulare County Farm Bureau, and University of California Cooperative Extension, partner on AgVentures Day, a unique farm day experience set each spring to host approximately 1,500 fourth grade students from Visalia and Tulare City Schools. This year’s event date is Friday, May 11 from 9am to 2pm, approximately.
Call for presenters, demonstrators, and volunteers are going out soon. If you can help with any of these efforts, please let Brittney know at 732-8301, or email@example.com and she will mail you a packet of information.
- 10 minute brief educational lesson, ag topic of choice, repeated up to 9 times with a class size group of students (20-30 kids at a time)
- 30 minute longer demonstration with 200-400 students per session, outside
- Display equipment for the event for children to see as they enter and exit the grounds
Some of the presenters and topics of the past have included:
- Bee keeping with a demonstration hive
- 4-H and FFA Members giving short lessons on raising livestock for show
- Equestrian sports
- Rural Crime and Drone Technology
- Safety with Electricity
- Forestry Demonstrations
- Livestock / Veterinarian Talks
- Sheep dog herding demonstration with sheep and dogs
- Pest Detection Dogs with CDFA and County Ag Commissioners
- NRCS and USDA Presentations on Soil Health
- Seed Planting
- Mobile Dairy Classroom
Help us find new and exciting topics to add to this year’s AgVentures Day lineup.