The three-day event is presented by the International Milk Genomics Consortium (IMGC) under the organization of the California Dairy Research Foundation (CDRF), and the local organizing committee. It brings together international experts in nutrition, genomics, bioinformatics and milk research to discuss and share the outcomes and implications of the latest discoveries in scientific research on lactation and milk. The annual symposium features scientific research related to milk and human health done throughout the world. The symposium draws from the diversity of its memberships to cover the breadth of genomics themes that reflect the interest of the Consortium.
The program will include both industry and academic sessions, with session topics including:
• Microbiome – from Farm to Consumer
• The genetics of milk production – from Tools/Resources to Discoveries
• Fantastical structures in milk—Milk fat globules, Micelles, and More
• Comparative and evolutionary biology of milk
• Human milk composition and effects on offspring
Call for Papers
Abstracts can be submitted for the following categories:
Oral Presentation (Deadline has passed)
Student Travel Award Entry (Deadline has passed)
Technical Research Poster- Deadline: October 1, 2018
• All submissions require a brief description of no more than 600 words.
• All presentations must be in English.
• Save your abstract with the submitting author’s last name before uploading file.
• Have title, authors, and affiliations listed on abstract.
• Clearly indicate what results are of research described/presented, or if a new resource or technology is being discussed indicate that in abstract.
Kimpton Sawyer Hotel
500 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
We have a block of rooms reserved at a rate of $219 USD/night. To make your reservation please call the hotel directly. Let them know you are with the International Milk Genomics Consortium. Reservations must be made by October 16, 2018 to receive this special group rate.
Early Bird Registration– $595.00 USD (if registered by October 16, 2018)
Regular Registration– $695 USD (if registered after October 16, 2018)
Student Rate– $350 (includes poster reception and group dinner)
Special Student Rate– $200 (does NOT include poster reception and group dinner)
Cancellation Policy- A full refund will be given to those who cancel by October 16, 2018 minus a $50 cancellation fee. Those who cancel after that date will not receive a refund.
Travel to Sacramento:
The closest airport is Sacramento International Airport (SMF)
If you’re flying into Sacramento International Airport, a cab ride takes around 15 minutes and costs around $36, plus tip. Shuttles, Uber and Lyft are alternate options.
We believe you will enjoy the Downtown location of the hotel. It is close to many historical sights, restaurants, breweries, museums and outdoor activities. Bike riding on the 32-mile river trail starts adjacent to the hotel (the hotel offers bikes for guest-use), Old Sacramento and the river are just blocks away – you can take a river cruise, dine on the river, etc. The Amtrak train station is a block away and goes straight to Davis as well as beyond to San Francisco if you’d like to take a day trip before or after the symposium – it’s an inexpensive and easy way to get around.